- Demonstrated a continued effort and commitment to making a difference in your community?
- Raised a significant amount of money, for your age group, for a charitable cause?
- Done something creative in the process? Were you recognized for doing something unique and unexpected for your charity of choice, or in your community?
- Gone “above and beyond” – i.e., if you were volunteering for a school assignment, did you do more than was asked?
If so, you could be Canada’s Top Teen Philanthropist. Before you apply, please ensure you meet the following eligibility criteria within the last 12 months:
- Be between the ages of 13-19 on the submission deadline date (December 5th, 2013)
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of Canada
- Have donated money, goods, services or your time to support a charitable cause, for at least one year
- Provide at least one example of the results or “impact” of your actions
- Ensure your fundraising or volunteer activity is associated with a registered Canadian charity. You may want to visit the CRA website to view a list of registered charities: www.cra-arc.gc.ca/charitylists.
- Provide the name and contact information of the registered charity you supported, for validation of your activities
- The Contest is not open to employees and agents of Mackenzie Financial Corporation or StudentAwards ("Mackenzie" and “StudentAwards”, also referred to as the "Sponsors"), promotional agencies, and members of their immediate family (spouse, father, mother, brothers, sisters, sons and daughters)
- The winner will receive a prize of $5,000 to go to their charity of choice
- PLUS he or she will win $2,500 cash for themselves, ideally to invest in an RESP and help save for future education
- Five runners-up will each receive $500 for their charity of choice AND $500 cash for themselves
Click here for the complete Contest Rules.
The application period for the 2013 contest is now closed. Check out all the winners and finalists.
Canada’s Top Teen Philanthropist Contest will re-launch in fall 2014. Please visit us again when we will be accepting applications.